-->

September 17, 2009

Story ****

**** Story, Robert McKee, 1996

I've read a lot of books on writing, but this one might be the best I've read. Definitely in the top three. It passed the Elliptical Test with flying colors. I actually looked forward to working out because I knew I would get to read it.

The funny thing is, it's the iconic work for screenwriters to read and I'm just now getting around to it. But the timing is good. I'm between revisions on my latest project, and now I have a lot to think about as I do the next edit.

If you're writing any kind of fiction -- screenplay, novel, short story -- you should read this book immediately. Like right now. Now!

1 comment:

~k/c~ said...

you should have a "tags" feature on this blog to sift your reviews by rating... from * to ****... would make my life easier anyhow :)